Monday, July 27, 2009

I actually have nothing of great interest to say, just thought I'd make it known that I haven't disappeared completely.

I am visiting my family in Pennsylvania, have been here a little over a week now, and am ready to be back in Charleston.  I came home earlier than I had planned due to a death in the family and spent some extra time with my grandmother and other family members.  It has been good to have some time with them, but you know how it is returning home when you normally live on your own.  I go crazy with people checking up on me all the time.  :)

While here, I've also been taking some time to find a new car.  I'd like to have one in my possession by Wednesday evening, but...there are other factors that may prevent that.  Right now I am basically split between taking my dad's 2006 Honda Civic LX, which I really like, and a 2006 VW Jetta.  My dad's car was the clear winner until I drove the Jetta.  And I love it.  And it has a moon roof just like my Civic did.  My dad is still trying to win my favor by saying he will let me have a moon roof put into his Honda for Christmas.  Mileage is also a factor.  The Civic has 78,000 miles on it while the Jetta only has 27,000.  So we'll see what I choose.  I've really been putting a lot of thought into it.  It's not such a big deal, but I spend a lot of time in my car and would like to have something that I will be satisfied with for more than 5 years.

This Thursday, I'm off to Philadelphia to see Fleet Foxes.  I am SO excited.  I really have wanted to see them for awhile now and I'm sure I'll have lots of stuff to say about it when I get back.  However I won't say it until next week, as I'll be going to New York for the weekend.  Busy traveling week for me.

Next week I'm here for a few days and then it's back to Charleston and business as usual.  A mere four weeks until it's back to college.  I'll be happy to see everyone, but not happy to have Microeconomics.  But we must make the best of the situation I suppose.

That's all for now...more next week!

2 comments:

  1. Jetta. The mileage alone makes it a winner. Also, it's just a better car.

    ReplyDelete