Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Dear Weather, Please Stop That

So when I posted last week, I had tentative plans of going to the beach, making a big day out of it, etc. But...it got cold here. And windy too. And while I'm up for some fun in bad weather, having sand blown into my face for a few hours is just not at the top of my list. Hopefully this week. And hopefully Sullivan's Island. I haven't been there in a long time - at least 2 years - and I kind of forget what it's like.

I had another good mail day in the middle of last week, on which I received my first ever fabric postcard. I may want to dabble in making some of these in the future. I have such a long list of sewing projects that I want to do and not enough time or a big enough fabric budget to do them.

This week, though, I will be starting a wee little project that I can work in along with my schoolwork. It'll be something I do when I have time, and I've got no deadline for it. When I was maybe 14 years old, I moved into a different room in the house. Upon cleaning out the closet in that room, I found an old, battered briefcase that happened to be filled with old photos, some of which were tintypes, and also a diploma or college degree for a woman named Helen Keller (not THAT Helen Keller). The briefcase has been sitting under my bed in the spare room at my grandparents' house, just collecting dust. And so I thought now would be as good a time as any to dig through them, sort them a little bit, and try to learn more. Also, it's just fun to see the pictures and speculate things about the people's lives. So far, I've not got much information. I went through a small stack yesterday and saw that some of the pictures were labeled as being taken in Chicago and Wisconsin. If I find anything that I particularly like, I'll probably share it here. But for now, here's a picture of the jumbled mess that is currently living in a large priority mail box:

1 comment:

  1. I love getting fabric postcards - for some reason they almost always make me smile.

    With this number of postcards Courtney why don't you make a REAL wall for inclusion in your REAL wall? I have sent you one right?

    ReplyDelete