Monday, March 22, 2010

Happy Spring!

Aside from today, it's been fairly warm here in Charleston. I'm enjoying the nice weather and am very happy to have more daylight in the evening. It also seems that as Spring starts to kick in, things in my life start to pick up a little bit. I've been having some personal issues that I need to sort out, but otherwise things are going alright.

My life is sort of up in the air. I'm stuck in a situation that I don't really like, as far as school and the city I live in and all of that stuff goes. I've been having a lot more back pain and headaches lately, and struggling with school because of it. It's sort of made me question if I'm doing the right thing, or if there's some other direction in which I should be pushing my life. I've been thinking a lot about culinary school recently. It's something I've always wanted to do and I think it'd make me very happy. Needless to say, I've got a lot of decisions to make and they're not as easy as I'd like them to be.

Saturday, Staci and I went to Atlanta to see Spoon at the Tabernacle. It was the longest drive ever (both ways), but we had a good time and laughed a lot. I'll post more about that tomorrow.

I'm trying to clean out my life - to get rid of all the stuff that sits around in closets. I need the money and I would like to have a less cluttered life. Some things, it's been easy for me to part with. But others are really hard. The two main things that fall into the latter category are my bike and a piece of art. I can't ride bike so often where I live - I'm in between 2 busy, busy highways and there is not a shoulder for me to ride on. I know, many people just take a chunk out of the road because "Share The Road" and all of that business. I'm just not into that - I'd prefer to be at least 95% safe. The piece of art is one that I purchased during a relationship which has since ended. It's all mushy and sentimental, but I'm having a hard time letting it go - not because of the ties to that relationship, but because it was my first "real" piece of art that I purchased. It's a Brian Andreas sculpture. See?


Today, I helped my friend, Trisha, with another photo shoot that she had to do for a school project. It's always a fun time, and always good to catch up with her. Although, today we were in the studio at her college and it's a very weird feeling to be at a college that's not the one you attend. I felt like a freshman all over again! She said she'd share those shots with me when she uploads them, so maybe I'll have some to share.

Not much else is new. I've rearranged my living room furniture and ended up with a more open and flowy layout. I've also been moving my plants around to sort of add some life to this place. And bringing flowers in. They really make a difference in the place.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I hope you make the right decision, first of all that is a balance you have to ignore your feelings and be smart, hopefully I do if my writing haha, now I have trouble finishing my career, I hope to fix them, I envy you much to go to the concert of spoon I like never come here I think, but I always read you ashamed for my bad English writing hehe, te envio un gran saludo y abrazos. and you have a way to tell your story, that makes me feel close to what you feel, is very interesting few people can express themselves well, I think you have a gift, and besides you do in a fun way.

    ReplyDelete